
I have never been able to fast, I just never understood it, and the times I've tried I woke up saying I would, and somewhere throughout the day I just decided it was over when i got hungry. I did a Daniel's fast with my church when I first started with Awakenings Movement, but I treated it like a diet and it was not a fast considering it was superficial. Plus I broke it once throughout the two week process. So I realized that I completely am lacking discipline in my life and thus I must conquer fasting.
I'm no longer a baby, i'm not on the spiritual milk, I'm delivered beyond the notion of pleasing God just because I pray every night and consider myself to be more aware of my choices and I serve in the community. No, God is now delivering me in my regular day to day life. He is working on my discipline of food, finances, and the way I ask for guidance. Where I used to just say prayers and talk to God in the car, he wants me to humbly come to him with fasting, and devotionals and intentional prayer. He wants me to tithe my finances and my time. God wants me to grow up.
Today God has revealed a few things to me:
1. I am not intentional with my eating or spending habits, I am completely out of control.
2. That bubble into the fact that I am not discplined with my writing because I don;t journal daily either.
3. I lack discipline all together in all areas of my life.
Day 1 big reveal
I must become a planner and continue to pray for discipline and organization.
Practicalities for the next 6 days
1. Journal everyday
2.Excersise of some sort every day
3. Fast from sun up to sun down every day
4. Wake up earlier than 9AM every day
5. Write down what I eat and spend.
6. Consecrate on a scripture every day.
7. Pray over my revelation, my scripture, and my goals every day.
Goals for my fast
1. Develop a schedule for my time, eating, and spending
2. Develop a fasting schedule for here on out
3. Become accustomed to my daily writing along with my devotional
4. Become more disciplined in my prayer
5. Lose 2-5 pounds
6. Drink at least the minimun in water intake daily
7. Become more disciplined in every area in my life
-I have a tight schedule with meetings and deadlines
-I know how I spend the majority of my money
-I tithe intentionally
-I pray intentinally for at least 30 min a night
-I excersise daily
-I eat for nourishment
-I write daily
-I meet all my deadlines
-I start to become financially independant and responsible
-I become physically healthy
Rewards Weekly
1. Dessert on Weekends
2. A Bi-weekly movie
Rewards Monthly
1. A shopping day with budgetted shopping savings.
1 comment:
I am so excited for you Cher! God will strengthen you so much during this time. Remember your 8 glasses of water everyday, that you are gorgeous...God cannot lie. . .and He made no mistakes when He made you.
Post a Comment