Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 3 of 7 Consecration Journey

1st Corinthians 10:13

I find this and all scriptures to be incredibly true, but right now this applies to a massive truth in my life. During this 7 day fast already I have felt stronger than ever. I started my fast by praying to God for the will to want to fast and to teach my obedience. I have not jumped to perfection of discipline, however I have at least completed two days of intentional fasting and devotions. The lord will allow you to be tempted but if you don't want to give in, guess what, you don't have to. If you say, "Lord, I want to stay obedient, I do not want to give in to this temptation, I want to continue to make you happy, and I feel weak", all you have to do is stop and look for the exit door, because I guarantee it will be there.

Right now I'm being tempted to believe lies about my character, what happens next once I believe those lies is I take them, and I become them, and I boast about them to not be insecure. I am being told to believe that I am just insensitive and somethings wrong with me or that im pushing my feelings to back on my mind only to have them explode later. Of course it's all Satan's whispers, but I know God's voice from his and I know that's not true. I have to believe that I am simply strong with a really healthy understanding of death and life.

I also find myself being tempted by my extreme sense of ADD so as I think about this scripture, the phone rings then I found myself watching the hills for another 5 min, only to remember I hadn't finished my devotional and come back to it. Today I think is a day that i should sit in silence, get some work done and pray for God to reveal whatever he wants to me.

No comments: